Closing Date: 17 Dec 2021
We have an exciting opportunity for a Logistics Manager to join our Harbro team. This role will be responsible for the overall management of transport operations to deliver on budget performance within H&S, Legislative, Customer Service, and Harbro Group guidelines.
Performance to be achieved through efficient control and management of the Logistics team. Working collaboratively with colleagues in other areas of the business is essential to achieve the objectives of the role to include some of the key responsibilities:-
- Install robust disciplines around management of driver day to day issues – performance, holidays & recruitment of high priority
- Deliver transparency of the transport operation. Visibility of activities, performance levels, compliance, etc. through integration into the wider Harbro Group level services and functions
- Deliver efficiencies through CI activity in both vehicle performance and driver activities. Driver 1:1s, audits, standardisation of procedures etc
- Improved utilisation of fleet through working with internal departments and external hauliers to maximise performance and minimise costs. H&S, Right First Time, and financial performance targets being the goal
- Develops an effective set of key KPI’s / Costings with the relevant stakeholders and reports data for presentation to all levels of the business including the Boar.
- Provides leadership and guidance to Direct Reports to ensure compliance with company standards on a regular, planned and structured basis including weekly operational conference calls
Candidates will ideally have experience in a similar role or comparable industry, proven ability of working in a complex environment and formal qualification in logistics/transport management or business management.
The successful applicant will have strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate employees and bring people together including the ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organisation.
To apply, please complete the Form attaching your CV and covering letter.