Sales Specialist - Dairy
Closing Date: 14 Aug 2020
(Experienced or Trainee may be considered)
This role is responsible for raising awareness of the Harbro brand and will provide on farm sales and technical support to Scottish dairy farmers, helping them to improve farm efficiency and profitability.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in a sales role or experience with dairy livestock and an agricultural background.
Candidates with no prior experience, an interest in dairy farming would be beneficial but is not essential.
We will provide you with a training programme which will help you drive your success and personal development. This will involve working in house with our team of experienced sales and technical experts.
Candidates should be highly motivated, pro-active and confident whilst being able to demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills. The successful individual will be expected to achieve sales targets, ensure strong customer relationships and profitable long term growth.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with customers and colleagues
- Develop existing customer relationships, providing sales and support and prospecting for new business
- Ensure species nutrition and industry knowledge is kept up to date
- Create and maintain 100 day call plan and prospect list every quarter for review with Manager
- Attend, engage and contribute in species group meetings
- Assist with on farm rations and analysis work as required
We welcome applications from individuals who are genuinely interested in establishing a long term and rewarding career supporting dairy farmers in South Scotland.
To apply, please complete the Form attaching your CV and covering letter.