Transport Planner (full time) Maternity Cover
Closing Date: 21 Jan 2022
An opportunity has arisen for a self-motivated and flexible individual to join our Transport team based at Toremill, Inverness.
This role will support the Distribution Manager and provide efficient and effective control and planning over collection and delivery of all materials and products to and from our production sites to our valued customers to include some of the following key responsibilities:-
- Plan in advance using reports and dedicated software to deliver to our customers right first time, on time and in full
- Coordinating drivers and contractors to enable timely deliveries of Harbro products to our customers and other Harbro sites
- Communicate with suppliers and Harbro site personnel to organise raw material deliveries to and from various manufacturers and suppliers
- Arrange appropriate transport resources to move these commodities efficiently, in a lean and low cost manner
- Provide accurate and prompt information on vehicle movements to Harbro customers and also internally to other departments within the business
Candidates will ideally have experience in a similar role and be familiar with the use of routing software. The successful applicant will be practical and resourceful with excellent communication and organisational skills. A good knowledge of the geography and road network in Scotland would be an advantage, as would a qualification in transport planning or road haulage.
To apply, please complete the Form attaching your CV and covering letter.