Maximising performance and reducing cost
18 May 2021
Working with Kevin Lawrie at Myremill Farm, an opportunity was identified to help the cows improve performance whilst reducing production costs utilising an increased amount of Maxammon treated barley fed in the TMR.
A new diet was created with our dynamic rationing programme NutriONics to maximise their home grown cereals and meet the requirements of their milk contract whilst maintaining the health and fertility of the herd.
Maimie Sloan, our dairy technical nutritionist used the rationing programme which provides a more accurate method of rationing the cows to develop a new feeding regime that increased the amount of Maxammon treated barley fed in the TMR along with a compound fed in the milking parlour.
The following results were recorded:
- Milk yield increased by 2.9kg/cow/day
- Feed costs reduced by 3p/l
- Rumen rate increased by 17% (0.18kg of ECM milk/DMI)
Maxammon grain treatment allows you to improve milk yield and reduce costs, whilst maximising your home grown or locally sourced cereals to minimise food miles and carbon footprint.
Feeding Maxammon grain allows for higher levels of cereals to be fed, reducing bought in feed costs and driving yield.
Maximising health and fertility
Maxammon treatment improves rumen performance which results in:
- Improved dung consistency
- Reduction in acidosis and laminitis risk
- Improved fertility
Flexible feeding system
- Maxammon cereals and pulses as well as wholecrop can be treated at harvest, or dried grain throughout the year.
- Pre-treated Maxammon grain is also available
- Blends containing Maxammon cereals are available