BE OUR YOUNG RIDERS OF THE YEAR!
Are you a young rider in Scotland aged between 16-25 years old who would love to win a year’s supply of feed and nutritional advice from our Harbro Equine Nutritionist Dr Vicki Glasgow, among other brilliant prizes?
We’re looking for two Scottish riders who have a clear set of competitive goals for the year ahead, are keen to progress in their chosen discipline and who are prepared to take part in PR opportunities and become a Harbro Brand Ambassador. Two winners will be selected in Scotland to represent their area - one for north and one for south.
Entries welcome from riders in all disciplines.
ENTRY AGE REQUIREMENTS
To be eligible to enter the Young Riders Competition in 2017, entrants must be at least 16 years of age by the closing date Sunday 28 May 2017. If you are currently 25 years old and will be turning 26 years old after the closing date, at some point during the year then you are still eligible to enter. Providing you meet the entry age requirements by the closing date your application will be considered.
Two winners will be selected in Scotland to represent their area - one for north and one for south. Please find listed below the areas by region:
North of Scotland - Shetland, Orkney, Caithness, Sutherland, Ross-shire, Cromartyshire, Inverness-shire, Morayshire, Aberdeenshire, Kincardineshire, Angus, Perth and Kinross.
South of Scotland - Stirling, Fife, Edinburgh, Lothians, Argyll & Bute, Ayrshire, South Lanarkshire, Scottish Borders, Dumfries & Galloway.
HOW TO ENTER
Step 1 - Download the competition entry form click here
Step 2 - Entrants must put together and upload a short five minute video on YouTube to include the following:
* An introduction about yourself.
* What inspires you and what you aspire to do in the year ahead and beyond.
* Highlight where you are keen to progress in your chosen discipline
* Include a clip of you riding your horse.
Step 3 - Submit two photographs of the rider with their horse
Step 4 - Email your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org and submit your application form, two photographs and a link to their Youtube video.
The closing date is Sunday 28 May 2017, so be sure to enter now!
Terms and conditions apply click here
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
Four finalists will be selected by the judging panel including equestrian expert and Olympic medallist Ian Stark, OBE and Dr Vicki Glasgow, Harbro's Equine Nutritionist, two from north of Scotland and two from south of Scotland. Their films will be put to the public vote on Facebook for the final decision on a winner for each region.
WHEN WILL THE WINNERS BE ANNOUNCED?
The videos with the most combined total likes and shares on Facebook will win! One winner each will be selected from north of Scotland and south of Scotland to be Harbro Brand Ambassadors. The winners will be announced on Friday 30 June 2017.
• A year’s supply of Harbro feed
• Nutritional advice from Harbro Equine Nutritionist Dr Vicki Glasgow
• Harbro clothing and merchandise
• Two hospitality tickets to the Royal Highland Show 2018
• Monthly updates are required detailing the riders overall achievements and progress from the previous month
• If you are partaking in any riding events or competitions tag #HarbroYoungRiderWinner on Twitter or Facebook @HarbroLtd and we will share your success on our social media platforms
• In the final month of sponsorship you are required to provide an update via video on what you have achieved since the riders competition and how this has helped you progress and achieve your riding aspirations.